The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) released its Global Cybersecurity Index for 2017 in the second week of June 2017.
Mauritius is ranked 6th globally…
This is an achievement the country can be proud of.
The top 10 global ranking are:
1. Singapore (0.925)
2. USA (0.919)
3. Malaysia (0.893)
4. Oman (0.871)
5. Estonia (0.846)
6. Mauritius (0.830)
7. Australia (0.824)
8. Georgia (0.819) and France (0.819) (ex-aequo)
9. Canada (0.818)
10. Russian Federation (0.788)
Member states were classified into three categories:
1. Initiating stage for 96 countries which have started to make commitments in cybersecurity
2. Maturing stage for 77 countries which have developed complex commitments, and engage in cybersecurity programmes and initiatives.
3. Leading stage for 21 countries that demonstrate high commitment in all five pillars of the index.
Mauritius is in the Leading Stage.
The only other countries in this top stage are: Singapore, USA, Canada, UK, France, Switzerland, Holland, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Russian Federation, Korea, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Oman, Egypt, Georgia and Estonia.
Mauritius is the top ranked country in the Africa region.