· Formulate appropriate policies and provide the necessary legal framework for the development of ICT and its optimal use across all sectors.
· Facilitate, through the implementation of an E-Government programme, the provision of Government services electronically anytime anywhere for the greater convenience of the public.
· Promote and facilitate the development of the ICT sector.
· Ensure that the ICT culture permeates all levels of the society to bridge the digital divide to the extent possible.
· Promote the development of ICT enabled services including e-business.
· Encourage the adoption of new technologies and best practices in the ICT.
· Promote capacity building in ICT.